41 writers. One cause. We've rallied a platoon of crime, western, thriller, fantasy, noir, horror and transgressive authors to support PROTECT's important work: lobbying for legislation that protects children from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

Powerful stories from George Pelecanos, Andrew Vachss, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles de Lint, Ken Bruen, Chet Williamson, James Reasoner, Charlie Stella, Michael A. Black, Wayne Dundee, Roxane Gay, Ray Banks, Tony Black, Les Edgerton and 16 more, with 100% of proceeds going to PROTECT.

Monday, October 24, 2011

a little about... Benoit Lelievre

Ben contributed his story "Under the Gaze of Saturn" which appears in the anthology coming on 11/1:


What inspired your story?

I spent a good deal of my childhood being scared of everything. Whenever I ran in trouble and went to an adult in charge for help, things often got worse. Everybody had an opinion on the situation, but nobody ever wanted to act because this was kids stuff, it wasn't judged serious. I wanted to translate that on a story. A beautiful yet empty speach and its horrible consequences in a child's mind.


What makes this cause important to you?

Everybody deserve a fair chance at life. A chance to be happy, to love, to trust, to have a balanced life. When you take advantage of a child, you deny that person a fair start. Most likely, you will destroy a person's potential and haunt the rest of his life. It's unforgivable. I'm happy to to make this small contribution.

Tell us a bit about yourself and where to find more of your writing.

I have been writing seriously for about eighteen months now. I have only one story out in Shotgun Honey, but I have many coming up before the end of the year. Aside from The Lost Children, I will publish in Beat To A Pulp: Hardboiled and in Luca Veste's Off The Record and I have learned not long ago that my first Lowell Sweeney story has been picked up by a magazine. Hopefully it will be published before the end of 2011 too. If you liked my story and my style, you can follow my pop culture tribulations on a daily basis on my web site Dead End Follies

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't have put it any better myself Ben. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fiona! I'm pretty pumped about TLC anthology!

    ReplyDelete