41 writers. One cause. We've rallied a platoon of crime, western, thriller, fantasy, noir, horror and transgressive authors to support PROTECT's important work: lobbying for legislation that protects children from physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

Powerful stories from George Pelecanos, Andrew Vachss, Joe R. Lansdale, Charles de Lint, Ken Bruen, Chet Williamson, James Reasoner, Charlie Stella, Michael A. Black, Wayne Dundee, Roxane Gay, Ray Banks, Tony Black, Les Edgerton and 16 more, with 100% of proceeds going to PROTECT.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a little about... K.V. Hardy

K.V. Hardy wrote the story "The Fall of Buffalo Bill" which appears in the anthology, due to be released on November 1st:




What inspired your story?
My story was based on the memory I have from my primary school years, mostly on the playground. There was a young boy, in grade 5 or 6, who would wander around the playground by himself. Always, always by himself, and always looking down at the ground and looking so sad. I don't ever remember seeing him smile, and he was always dirty. In class, he never spoke, at least not that I ever remember. Many years later he turned up in a local newspaper scandal having been arrested for child molestation. It really made me think.


What makes this cause important to you?
Children are essentially defenseless, and are easy prey. Not to say they should be removed at the whim of authority (that is a crime in itself), but perhaps more questions should be asked. Having two kids of my own, It makes the subject very important to me.


Tell us a bit about yourself and where to find more of your writing.
I am an illustrator by day, and I try to spin tales in my free time. I finished a novella in July of 2011 and have put it away for awhile before editing it. I have a short story collection that I'm putting together called Pieces of Them, and another novel I'm plotting out now. I'm a proud member of Friday Flash Fiction, though I don't always have the chance to contribute these days. A few of my flash fiction pieces can be read at: www.rabidfiction.com, which will be integrated into my permanent website at www.rabidhorse.com by the end of 2011.

2 comments:

  1. That's all so true. I think we can all remember odd kids from our early school days that now make us wonder...

    Thanks so much for all of your help and enthusiasm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored to be a part of this - thank you for all you are doing, McDroll!

    ReplyDelete